Hi my name is Steph! I am a NYS licensed pharmacist, integrative pharmacy specialist, Reiki II practitioner and nature therapy guide, certified by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs (ANFT).
Biophilia Wellness offers nature therapy walks as well as more intimate support in discovering a personalized, integrative wellness practice that respects the health triad as necessary for optimal health and wellbeing.
- Nature therapy is inspired by the Japanese tradition known as Shinrin Yoku, which translates to forest bathing.
- Nature therapy is simple. Spending leisurely time in a natural setting provides scientifically demonstrated health benefits while offering the opportunity to transform your relationships.
- Nature connection practices allow us to become more aware of ourselves, our environment and also of each other.
- Nature therapy is a practice that is open-ended. There are no expectations for what a person “should” experience, or what benefits they “should” receive. Instead, it is a practice of developing and deepening the relationship with the natural world. The healing and impact of the experience is individualized, and personalized, as a result of the relationship formed between the participant and the natural world.
- Nature connection and health care are not separate.
- I combine my unique professional and personal experiences to guide and support personal transformation alongside health and wellness support.
If you would like to read more about my lense of Nature therapy or Forest bathing please read my blog post: What is Forest Bathing?
For more information on the foundation, health benefits, and science of Nature Therapy, please visit the ANFT website: https://www.natureandforesttherapy.org/